As Tabulator has grown, so has our user base. If you are looking for ways to help contribute to the Library then there are many options open to you.
Help out less experienced users by answering their questions on Stack Overflow
When users create Bug Reports or Feature requests, thier initial submissions can sometimes be missing key details. Help out by providing some initial support to these users:
- Make sure that issues have been created using the correct template and that all the initial details have been provided
- Make sure that Bug Reports include a link to a JS Fiddle or Code Pen, and that the example works as thier guide says it should
- Let users know that questions should be asked on Stack Overflow, not on GitHub
- Direct users to the original issue if the one they have created is a duplicate
- Direct users to the Documentation or suggest a workaround if thier issue is not actually a bug or missing feature
You can either contribute code or documentation to these libraries, or create a new wrapper for a different framework.
We are also always on the look out for basic setup examples where you have integrated Tabulator with a different framework so we can add it to our Framework Support Guide to help out other developers.
Tabulator has extensive documentation, let us know if you have spotted any problems by creating a Documentation Issue. Keep an eye out for:
- Invalid source code examples
- Broken example tables
- Typos and spelling mistakes
- Broken links
- Missing feature documentation
If you are feeling adventurous, why not fork Tabulator, make your own modifications and then submit the changes back to us in a Pull Request so others can benefit from your new feature.
If you are looking to make your first pull request on Tabulator, here are some good small places to start:
- Fixes for Bug Reports
- New Themes to style Tabulator to match UI Frameworks
- New built in Formatters
- New built in Editors
- New built in Downloaders
Please make sure that pull requests only change files in the `/src/` folder and not `/dist/`, the dist folder is auto generated and will be overwrittenon the next Tabulator update.
Please follow the Custom Build Documentation to generate your own build of Tabulator from your updated source.